Search

A New Day Has Come

New year, new look, new goals.

I started out by changing the look of my blog. If any of you have been on my blog over the last few days, you probably saw something different each time. I changed it around probably 3 times before settling on this one. Chances are though, I'll change it again by March. I just can't sit still with the same thing for too long. I get bored, I guess.

Anyway, happy 2011, everyone! Honestly, I'm kind of nervous going into this year. First off, I hate the number 11. Call me silly, but I just don't like odd numbers, especially when it comes to dates. But we shall see what 2011 has to offer, I guess. Aside from that nonsense, I kind of am excited for this year. I love when the year changes. Its an excuse to start anew, make goals, make changes, decide to grow and become a better person, etc. I know I have made several goals for this year. One specifically is to be a better friend and better mankind. What goals have you set for yourself?

The SofW I have chosen for this week is "A New Day Has Come" by Celine Dion. I know some of you will roll your eyes at the mention of Celine Dion, but that's too bad for you. I LOVE CELINE DION! I had plans this summer to go see her in Vegas, but something happened and it doesn't look like that's going to be happening. But I love her. She's amazing. I chose this song because of the following line:
"Let the rain come down and wash away my tears. Let it fill my soul and drown my fears. Let it shatter the walls for a new sun. A new day has come."
I really like this. Everyone has something from the previous year that they aren't proud of. But this new year, if we let it, can be the rain that washes away our tears and shatters the wall for a new sun and becoming better. (At least, that is how I am translating this song at this time.) So, good luck with your resolutions! Make this year count!