Search

Emma Hale Smith: Strong, Determined, Heroic

You know, there have been SO many people I have met in my life. There are so many different types of people, so many opinions and characteristics. I genuinely believe that everyone on this earth has something about them that makes them amazing.

With that being said, I'd like you all to know that I do not use the word hero lightly. I'm very conservative when it comes to putting that title on people because although I feel like everyone has some heroic tale they can tell, it takes a heck of a lot for me to consider someone my hero. And that, friends, is exactly why I only have a handful of them. One of said heroes that I wish to talk about today is Emma Hale Smith and why I consider her one of the most amazing women to ever walk this planet.

I recently attended a fireside featuring Katherine Nelson, the lady who played the role of Emma in "Joseph: Prophet of the Restoration" and "Emma: My Story". I can honestly say that this was the most amazing fireside I have ever been to. Katherine spoke a lot about Emma and helped to increase my understanding and respect for Emma. Emma endured so much during her time here on earth. She dealt with persecution, discrimination,death, hate, disownment, and so much more. Yet, through it all, she remained strong and focused more on helping those around her rather than dwelling on her own trials. Her main focus in life was to better the environment for those around her and to be the one to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and comfort the downtrodden. How She gave her life to Christ, regardless of the consequences and actively strived to be the best person she could be. she lived! I can only hope to follow her example and to be more like her.