Search

That One Time My Date Kicked Me In the Face....

Last Saturday, I decided to switch things up a bit and take Brady out for a change. Of all 7 years of being friends, (except for the failure of a date known as the Sweethearts Dance in high school) I can't recall a time when I actually treated him to a night out and showed him my appreciation for his friendship.
So I went to his house to pick him up. (Because I was the one that asked, I got to be the one to pick him up, open his door, etc. cuz that's how I roll.) When I got there, he was in the middle of taking a quiz for school, so I joined his mom in the living room where she introduced me to the tv show, "Once Upon a Time". Unfortunately, Brady finished his quiz before I was able to complete a full episode. 
After showing me the new toys he bought earlier that day, we hit the road. At a certain intersection, we hit a red light. I looked over at the car next to us and noticed these cute little girls in the backseat. One was probably about 3 or 4 and the other was around 6 or 7. Both the girls were looking back at me. I made eye contact with the older girl (who was nearest to me) and then made a funny face at her. She then proceeded to stick her tongue out at me a giggle. I told Brady to start to make funny faces at them. So for the next few seconds we exchanged crossed-eyed, scrunchy, crazy faces. Brady pointed out that their mom noticed what we were doing and she was waving. Oh, and she was talking on the phone. We waved at her and then went back to making funny faces. Then, the older girl showed us her bare foot. Then Brady got the brilliant idea to show her his foot too! So, he lifted his foot and moved it towards my window so that she could get a good view. In the process, his foot collided with my face. And it was awesome. And it hurt so bad. But it was SO funny. We were both laughing SO hard! I looked over and noticed that the girls were laughing too, so they must have seen it AND the mom was laughing, so she must have seen it too! I can only imagine how funny it must have been to describe what just happened to whoever she was talking to on the phone. And then it kind of became a "thing" for the rest of the night with funny little comments like "remember when you kicked me in the face?" 
And that's my story about that one time my date kicked me in the face.